dreams come true... prayers are answered... miracles happen...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

denim rag rug

I saw this rug when I was watching Decorating Cents on HGTV. I fell in love with it and knew I had to make one. I cut over 2,000 1 inch by 9 inch strips of denim. ( I have no idea how many pairs of old jeans I used.) It took me 4 months to tie each strip on to a rug liner. I love how it turned out and how it looks in our home. It was so worth all the time it took to make it.


While I was finishing the rug, Jeff took two of the strips and tied them in Sadie's ears. She kept trying to climb on my lap and she looked so cute that he had to take some pictures of her.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I bet you were tired of cutting! I think cutting old jeans is about the worst kind of cutting there is! It looks great! Sadie looks pretty cute too!

Shiree said...

Sounds tiring and looks cute!

fultiwomot said...

I have been looking for this rug since I saw it on Decorating Cents just a few weeks ago! I cannot believe I just typed in "tied denim rug" & found your site and you had seen the same episode!!! anyway, your rug looks awesom! I am going to make one but it will be mostly tshirt scraps along with maybe a denim border or something like that. I cut netting from my son's batting cage which had fallen apart and was in the back woods.... lol.....any ideas?