dreams come true... prayers are answered... miracles happen...

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

birthday cake


Sunday was my birthday and I decided to make my own cake. I know it sounds strange but let me explain. Almost a year ago my friend Sarah showed me how to do some cake decorating and she let me borrow a cake pan she had so I could practice. That pan has sat on top of my fridge for a year and I decided it was time I should use it and what a better excuse than my birthday. I tried to make it look like Sadie but I think the frosting turned out too dark. Oh well, it was fun and I think it turned out pretty good for my first try! Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Excellent job! It's making me want cake now...or some of your marshmallow brownies...either one will do (if you could get right on that). ;)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I think your cake is awesome! You are so talented! Must run in the family... Taryn came to YW to teach the girls about cake decorating. Hope you had a great day!

the Maisey's said...

I wish I had talent like that. How beautiful! I love it!

Bonnie and Joel said...

i hope you had a very happy birthday the cake looks so dang good