dreams come true... prayers are answered... miracles happen...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

miracles


This angel has been hanging in our room for a couple of years. I hung it there so it could remind me that miracles do happen. Every time I would look at it, it would either give me hope or make me sad becaue I questioned whether I would ever really receive a miracle.  I always tried hard to have faith and believe but it wasn't always easy.  We had been on the waiting list for adoption for over a year and a half and had not been contacted by anyone.

On October 19, 2009 I got a phone call from our caseworker saying there is a birthmother who is considering you to be the parents of her baby.  I couldn't believe how calm I was, like it was an every day thing that was happening.  We began e-mailing her and immediately felt a strong connection.  Two days later we got a phone call from her that would change our lives forever.  She wanted us to be the parents of her baby.  Oh and by the way she said "I'm due Nov 17 and It's a boy!"  We were in shock and so excited!
The next month was a blur as we continued to get to know her and the birthfather and tried to get ready to bring home a baby. We left for Utah on Nov 11 and were so excited to finally meet our birthmother and birthfather.  We were so nervous to meet them but didn't need to be because they are amazing people.  The baby was born Nov 19 and was placed with us Nov 21.  We stayed in Utah until Dec 4 when we finally got to come home with our sweet little miracle baby boy.
 
Miracles DO happen to those who believe!

Now every time I look at this angel it doesn't make me sad it reminds me of my sweet little baby boy and his amazing angel birthmom!

No comments: